Friday, November 14, 2008

 

Food-Life Adaptation in Shanghai

I love my food. Although maybe this picture Tim lovingly reminded me of last night suggests there were times in my life when I loved it more, that was just beer, and my love of food has been fueled by the international offerings in Shanghai these past few years, and now I am a self-proclaimed foodie. I love to go out to eat, but I especially enjoy cooking for myself and Tim, and especially enjoy inviting friends over for dinner.

A recent visitor to Shanghai asked how living here has changed the way we eat. Only now, as we are heading home, do I realize the changes we have made. Here are some of changes we have made I plan to take back to Austin with us:

Foodie that I am, I am still counting down the meals (29!) until we are back in the land of chips and salsa. I am looking forward to a few simmering Sundays in my new kitchen* as well.

*Location TBD, but if you know someone with a Hyde Park house/duplex for rent, please send us a note. We are looking for 3-2 BR, 1-2 BA with December/January move in.


Comments:
Yes, I realize I am a lucky guy
 
I love everything you said- it certainly is easy to eat quickly and poorly here! I keep meaning to read Omnivore's Dilemma... However, I suspect you won't love standing in the kitchen all day on a Sunday when you get home and have no one to clean your entire house for you, including the giant mess you just made in your kitchen! Ugh. I keep thinking of what a shock that will be for you, you poor things. Seriously, such a luxury. Often times I think of all the other things I could be doing when I am spending an entire day cleaning. I suppose if that's the only thing to complain about, I'm doing pretty good. :)
Can't wait to see you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?