Tuesday, November 18, 2008

 

Eleven things we won't [../get/have] to do

Today, as the movers were packing our boxes and getting them ready for the slow boat from China to Austin, I was staring out the window contemplating all the things I won't do/won't get to/won't have to do once we move home.
  1. Stare out a 25 story window. I doubt I will live in a 25 story building in Austin. Although now it is possible.
  2. (related) Check the air quality by staring out a 25 story window and checking how far you can see.
  3. (related) Take an elevator. Every day.
  4. Take a taxi to work. Woohoo!
  5. Speak Chinese. Every day. As much as I want it to, I know it won't happen.
  6. Leave my dishes in the sink/laundry on the floor/bed unmade. Who am I kidding... I won't do this?
  7. Dream about Mexican food, unrealized.
  8. Eat lunch for $2.
  9. Drink exclusively bottled water. I am really looking forward to the Austin tap. Fluoride, bring it on!
  10. Do laundry outside. I am going to miss our little service balcony. So convenient...
  11. Speak our secret language, English! Now it will become Chinese.

Incomplete list, I am sure. But on day 6 of our countdown, these are the things that occured to me.


Comments:
I can't believe you are at the point where movers are there! That is so crazy and must be a huge mix of emotions. And don't think you won't be able to do laundry outside- I got this cool reel thing that you just attach to something, then put a hook up to 25' away and voila! Instant clothes line. I'm sure you could get away with that even if you rent. And BTW, with the market the way it is, you guys may consider buying a house in Austin, if you're thinking of staying there for any length of time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?