Saturday, October 04, 2008

 

Day 1 - Lhasa to Chusul

Just a few days ago I didn't think it possible, but this morning we finally begin our overland Tibet cycling tour. After all the stress and hassle to get to this point, the ride itself is seeming downright anticlimatic. I'm sure once we get in the saddle and start climbing our first pass my mindset will change.

Today is a relatively easy 97km on a flat, paved road from Lhasa to the campsite at Chusul. Day 2 is when the real fun begins - our first big climb - 23km long gaining about 1000m of elevation.

As we will be camping most nights and away from internet access, don't expect too many posts from here on out. I will try to update my Twitter feed periodically, China Mobile service permitting.

I would love to post some of the pictures I've taken, but when I tried to plug my camera into this sketchy PC, the whole system hung and I really don't want to risk losing the shots I already have, or worse yet, hosing my camera on Day 1!

Wish us luck!

Comments:
Yeah! All of that excitement- now you can really enjoy and appreciate your ride. Have fun. I hope your butts survive! :)
 
I am following your Twitter feeds and I am so excited you guys are having fun!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?