Thursday, October 23, 2008

 

36 more hours in Kathmandu

We just got back from our 2 day rafting trip (safe and sound, mom-in-law). The natural beauty of Nepal managed to further amaze us. On the parts between the rapids, I found myself breathing deeply and drinking in the deep blue sky, puffy clouds, steep green valleys and wildlife, which included monkeys today! During the rapids, I marveled at the power of nature in the rushing river over huge boulders.

I was thinking about what it will be like to wake up in our apartment Sunday morning, Irene, to 60s and rain, horns and traffic. Back from vacation for sure! But a rainy Sunday morning sounds like dimsum brunch to me... As for leaving Shanghai, we have set a date, and its about 4 weeks off. That is another thing to think about all together. There will be lists of must-do-one-more-times, probably more must-eats, or must-buys. Its going to be a busy end to the year!

In the meantime, we have 2 nights and a day left in Kathmandu, and honestly I am really looking forward to spending it shopping. I think I deserve some souvenirs from this trip! We will also need to get one more good Nepali meal, which will no doubt include some dal (curried lentils), rice and naan bread. I could eat this stuff forever, I love it! After a little impromptu cooking class in our cook tent at Everest base camp, I now have the know-how to do so. ;-)

Comments:
Whenever you come to Denver, it is imperative that you stay a night with us and share your knowledge of how to make dal and naan! We too love this stuff- I can't even imagine how good it is right there in the motherland.
I'm sure that once we see your photos of Tibet and Nepal, you will have solidified it as a must see on our list of places to travel. :)
 
sounds like an amzing trip. Can't wait to see the slide show and hear all about the adventure!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?