Saturday, June 14, 2008

 

Xiaochi 小吃

Snacks.

When Laurel and I told our friends and colleagues we would be traveling to Taiwan, EVERYONE raved about the xiaochi, particularly at the Shilin night market. A few of our favorites were ...

The infamous "stinky tofu" that absolutely reeks from blocks away but tastes surprisingly less offensive:



Not everything is bigger in Texas:



All varieties of sweet shaved ice desserts:



And my personal favorite picture of Laurel tentatively digging into a fatty, deep-fried hunk of mystery meat. Veganism be damned!:


Comments:
Nice to see these latest posts. I was babbling so much about my China trip I forgot to even ask about what you did in Japan and Taiwan. Looks like you managed to keep busy!

Mike
 
There is nothing tentative about that face.

Mariel
 
@mariel:
"nervously" perhaps?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?