Thursday, March 20, 2008

 

Lu you 旅游

Travel.

Tomorrow, Tim and I will continue our year of jetsetting - this time back to the US for Tim's conference. 2008 has already included a trip to Xiamen (right on the heels of my Christmas trip to Haerbin), US-Canada-US (for me), New Zealand, Moganshan... I know we are lucky to have such opportunities for luyou, but actually it is starting to wear on me.

I'll quit my sob story and say how excited I am to get to visit Washington D.C. this weekend. It's my first trip to the American capital and it will be even more special to visit Tim's grandma and family there, not to mention our good friends (and run home from the subway inspirations) Jay and Michelle. Then to Austin, where we will work. But, my high school friend Sarah will come to visit with her new puppy, and my sisters are there... Then my Chinese co-worker is coming to Austin for the first time so I get to show her all around the town I love. Should be a good trip.

Then, when we come back, its visitor season again. Katie is coming in April and Joe, Irene and Audrey will be here in May. It is always fun to have visitors and get to show them around Shanghai. It is a good reminder to appreciate all the culture here. You can actually get used to it!

And then there is the Olympics, and if we are lucky Tibet off in the distance... OK, now I am excited and not tired any more. Fun times ahead, and I love it!

Comments:
Yeah! Have fun in the US with everyone. Before you know it, you'll be standing in line, ready to board that long flight back to Shanghai. :) Your 'sob story' is understandable. There is a fine balance with travel- realizing that you are lucky for the experiences afforded you, but also worn out from the logistics. I am so happy that you and Tim have been able to have the experience of the last 2 years. It will make wonderful stories for you to share with your children years from now.
This is cute... the other day I was on the phone with my friend Tim Brown. Audrey was in the background playing/ listening to me. I've discovered that she's always listening.. :) Anyways, I said "Hey Tim how are you?" And Audrey pipes up and says, "It's 'ni hao Tim, not hey Tim mommy.' :)
She is looking forward to seeing the Great Walls and xiongmaos in Chengdu. Those are her 2 words so far. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?