Tuesday, December 25, 2007

 

Shengdanjie Kuaile! 圣诞节快乐!

Merry Christmas!

Here to wish you Shengdanjie Kuaile!

Being away from home today is not easy, espeically since we are at work! But instead of thinking about all the things we are missing out on by being in China (family, Christmas dinner, the tree, etc etc etc), I will instead note the opportunities we have instead by spending the day in Shanghai:
  1. We are working on Christmas! Seriously, when else am I going to get this chance?
  2. Toaster Oven Classics. I did the cinnamon rolls (from scratch) in the toaster this morning, pork roast is going in for dinner. And the Christmas cookies came out of there last week. I don't think I could do all this with a real oven!
  3. Everything is Open. I remember a few Thanksgivings back not being able to get a bottle of tequila anywhere. Even less is open on Christmas in the states. Here I still might not be able to get a hold of tequila, but I can go to the bank, post office, grocery store, massage place or hair salon.
  4. Team Hotpot Lunch. Mmmmm, Hot pot...
  5. Not a White Christmas, but a hazy one.
  6. Santa came by email. I woke up this morning and instead of running to the tree, opened my inbox to find Santa left us a gift! No fooling me now, mom and dad - your name was on the return address. :-)
  7. Christmas Songs in Chinese. Some of them are translated. Or if they don't have the Chinese version, playing the same one over and over is OK too. We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas....
  8. Nutcracker Ballet. Didn't have to miss out on this one! We went last Sunday at the Shanghai Grand Theater.
  9. Red Lanterns make GREAT decorations.
  10. Best of all - Sharing the holiday with new friends and introducing them to the Christmas culture from home. (You knew the last one was going to be a cheesy one) :-)
Merry Christmas to all! Now back to work...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?