Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Ziggy


Courtesy of a local magazine competition (and lack of much competition), I won 2 tickets to see Ziggy Marley in Shanghai last Tuesday night. These were not just any tickets, but front-row VIP tickets. My exciting was palpable, not out of a particular fascination with Ziggy Marley, but because I've never had front row seats for anything before. Front row tickets are just cool. Something about walking right past all the other seats and knowing exactly where your row is without asking the usher.

My excitement, however, quickly turned to impending fear when we got to our seats and couldn't help but noticed the extremely large subwoofer conveniently positioned literally inches in front of our tender eardrums (they have softened after living away from Austin for more than a year now ... it's scientific). Who was the sound engineer who came up with this one?


As soon as the first dreadlock-infused bass note shook our very being, it was clear we would be abandoning our prized front-row seats immediately. Still, I managed to shoot this admittedly poor quality video before retreating back with the rest of the plebs. The occasional camera shake is me trembling in fear for the health of my ears. That or the bass.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?