Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Shi Tian Mu 石天慕

My Chinese Name.
After much heated debate, and the rejection of several options that either translated poorly, were more a woman's name, or "sounded communist" my work group helped me settle on Shi Tian Mu. It obviously bears some resemblance to my English name (in Chinese the surname comes first, so think Stelzer Tim), and is supposedly quite literary, meaning I am lucky and the gods admire me. At least that's what they tell me. For all I know, it could mean "silly foreign fool". Credit goes to Xenia for coming up with the idea. She has quite the nack for providing American's with Chinese names, as she had previously chosen Luo Lan (罗兰) for Laurel.

Comments:
An apt name, in my opinion. Remember your good luck at finding the golden eggs on the Easter Egg hunts and winning the fishing rod at the Elks?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?