Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Banlangen 板蓝根

Chinese Herbal Remedy.

Tim has been sick for a week so this morning when I started to feel a little tickle in my throat and a ringing in my ears, all I could think is that I was in for a little cold. We do not have access to echinacea, and I could tell the 3 liters of orange/grape juice a day method was not very successful for Tim (we were in all weekend!). What to do in the land of eastern medicine?? And so we consulted Heng, seen chomping a paczki in previous post, whose parents are doctors. Ah, the answer we were looking for: Banlangen. Available over-the-counter at all corner pharmacies (what isn't available over the counter here?) for 6.5元, banlangen comes in individual packet powder form, 10 to a box. Just mix it with hot water for a sweet tea that I am told will boost the immune system and help you avoid cold. I'll let you know how it goes. I've already had 3 of these today, and I am feeling alright... :-)

Comments:
Here it is April 9 and I'm just now reading your blog entry "Banlangen". Needless to say, I hope you didn't get sick, Laurel, and I'm assuming Tim recovered since you've posted two other entries.

Query: Does blog etiquite
(sp?) require you to comment on only the blog on this page? Also, do you go back to find comments of late entries like mine? Your "typical day" and "hike" entries were great, but I probably shouldn't comment here, right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?